I plan to start back next week, even if for just a day or two. Then add on a day a week until by mid-August we are full swing back into school. We have several camping days planned and need to be able to be flexible with school days off. Starting early gives me the feeling that it is OK to take time off.
So I thought I would share my curriculum choices for next year....in case anyone is interested:
Delena, Grade 4
Math - Math U See Delta
History/Geography/Church History/Literature - Tapestry of Grace, Year 2 Unit 4 to begin...then moving on to Year 3
Writing - Writing Aids by Tapestry of Grace
Spelling - Spelling Power
Bible - Who is God and Can I Really Know Him by Apologia and Summit Ministries
English - Shurley English
Activities - Tapestry stuff, either Homeschool in the Woods Travel Pack on the Revolutionary War or History Pockets on Revolutionary War
Caleb, Grade 1
Math - Math U See Alpha
History/Geography/Literature - Tapestry of Grace, Year 2 Unit 4
Phonics/spelling/English - Rocket Phonics
Bible - Who is God and Can I Really Know Him by Apologia and Summit Ministries
Taya, Grade PRE K
Rocket Phonics
Math U See - Primer
She will listen in on the stories and do some of the activities the other two do.
I also will use a Kay Arthur Discover 4 Yourselves book with Delena. And we are still working through Bruce Ware's book, Big Truths for Little Hearts. It has taken a slight backseat to Bible Bee. Bible Bee will be over late August.
2 comments:
The summer is going by TOO FAST!!! :D
I always enjoyed getting started on a new school year. Is Taya excited about starting school?
Post a Comment