
The grass withers, the flower fades,but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 ESV
I am thankful today for God's Word. So much around us can seem to be in total chaos and I love how His Word will stand!
I am thankful for the last few weeks I have spent studying the Letters to the Churches in Revelation 1, 2 and 3. I have listened to an older archived broadcast from Precept Ministries. Today I listened to Kay Arthur teach about the Church of Philadelphia. I blogged on Monday about a prophecy class I had been taking and how the teacher is very much a post mid-point rapture but after I had studied it so closely, there were a few questions I had about that position....today Kay taught about it and confirmed some of what I had been pondering. Not saying I am right by any means.....I just find it interesting how the Lord shows us things about His word.
I am thankful my friend's little baby is finally getting better. He had been sick almost a week with intense stomach pains.....so after 2 doctor visits and trip to the ER on the 4th of July - he is now on the getting well side.
I am thankful I was able to sign my oldest up for volleyball camp. She hopes to go out for the middle school volleyball team with our homeschoool group. (For some reason, 4th grade is middle school). It is a competitive team so this could be very exciting for her!
I am thankful my hubby is spending so much time helping me get a good workout routine going again....vacation is 2 months away so I have a few goals I would like to meet before then.
What are you thankful for today? Join in at Lynn's blog here.
3 comments:
Enjoyed your thankful list.
blessings for the baby, good luck to your daughter and praise be for your hubby as well as all your faith growth!
I really enjoyed Kay Arthur on Revive Our Hearts last week and I was really encouraged to dig deeper into the Word.
My cousin and I, along with a few others, have been going through the Bible together in one year and blogging daily our discoveries in each day's passage. It's been amazing how much more closely I've been studying as a result ~ and how many things I've seen that appear new and undiscovered even in the familiar passages!!
Post a Comment