When (home) school starts back, we will be studying the Revolutionary War and how the country came to be.....the writing of the constitution is a big part of that. I am really excited to explore this with the kids and hope they learn a lot about our country.
I am always reminded on July 4th of this video by Michael W Smith. President Bush asked him to write a song in the wake of the 9-11 attacks. While the video shows 9-11 images - its still a great reminder that no matter what we go through as a country our flag still represents freedom. I pray that America always stands for freedom and that the Constitution will be protected. So many have given so much to say "there she stands."
Have a wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
Hi Dana,
Great video and song! I love your new blog look! We'll miss you all next weekend on Mama's birthday, but understand. :) Hope you have a safe and happy 4th!
Post a Comment