Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday



I cannot believe it is already Thursday...not only is it Thursday and another week is over --- July is also almost over! So with that, here is my list:

I am thankful that my hubby's new company is sending him to school next week for training. They are paying for his classes, he has to cover food and lodging. Which brings up thankful number 2 - my friend Christa's parents have a condo in the area that they are allowing Mark to stay in for free! He will be gone for a few days, which is hard for me because we are not apart that often. But I am excited for him and he is excited to get the training.

I am thankful for my oldest being in volleyball camp this week. She is learning a lot and having a really good time. Hopefully she will make the volleyball team this fall.

I am thankful for a dream come true. For about 2 years, we have looked, searched, talked about, dreamed about, panicked about buying a camper. We started off wanting a pop up. We spent several months researching pop ups and almost bought one. Then my hubby lost his job so the camper purchase was put on a very long hold. During that time, we continued to look, dream, research. We moved from wanting a pop up camper to wanting one of those hybrid trailers. Then we realized that the trailer would need to be stored somewhere (a pop up could go in the garage, a trailer can't). Since we live in a deed restricted neighborhood, no campers are allowed. Then we came to the realization that if we have to store a hybrid, we might as well store a travel trailer. So our search/research/dreams moved to a travel trailer. Once Mark secured a job, we started searching again. We have a trip planned in September and need a camper to do it in (well, we could tent camp, but in Florida in September - well lets just say I'd rather stay home)! We started off looking at used trailers. After a few looks with less than honest sellers, we gave up and bought a new one. I am so happy and excited with it. We go tomorrow evening to the dealer to spend the night in it and then Saturday we bring it home (or home to where it will be stored at). We ended up getting one with quad bunks in the bunk house - so each kid will have their own bed. We have several trips planned over the next few months. I think this will be an awesome time together as a family and we are all so excited! Yeah for Keystone Passports!

I am thankful for camping friends I have been meeting on the DISboards. One sweet gal invited our family to join the Fort Fiends for Halloween weekend at Ft. Wilderness. They had booked a bunch of sites as a group of DISers, so to my surprise, my hubby said YES (he and I are going camping alone the weekend before to celebrate 14 years of blissful marriage). I hear trick or treating at Ft. Wilderness is something else! Kids are super excited. We don't decorate or do much for Halloween (in fact we normally refer to it as Reformation Day). Gotta find a way to work that into our site :) Maybe I'll dress my hubby up as Martin Luther! Oh and my mom is going to go with us that weekend. Her birthday is the 29th so we are taking her with us to celebrate.

I am also thankful that this same friend was able to put me in touch with a travel agent who was able to get us a campsite for Thanksgiving week at Disney! Something I have been unable to do as Disney's website shows no availability!

Finally, I am very thankful for the writer's group I am a part of. I am learning so much from all the wonderful ladies who participate in it. You should check out my friend, Kat's writings. She is truly gifted and I could sit and listen to her words of wisdom for hours! Thank you Kat! (and Kathryn, Gale & Sharron).

What are you thankful for? Join in at Lynn's Blog here.

2 comments:

Denise said...

So glad your family is being sweetly blessed.

Joshlin said...

WOW! You have a great list of things to be thankful for! Your Hubby's training sounds great and he get to stay in a cabin. Sorry you can't be with him though. You are going to have such fun in your new camper. We had a camper when I was a child and I LOVED it. Now my Dad owns a camp on a lake neer by. Still very nice, but just not the same.

And to stay a DISNEY!!!! For Thanksgiving weekend!!! You lucky Girl you!!!

Have a blessed day!