Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Isaiah 12:5 English Standard VersionIt is Thankful Thursday again! Time to take a "time out" and reflect on the goodness of God. I love taking this time to just stop and journal about the things I am thankful for!
I am thankful again for God's provision over our family during Mark's layoff. He continues to provide little nuggets of blessings along to way. We are truly depending on Him for everything now and He continues to provide all our needs.
I am thankful for the Bible Bee meeting on Monday! I am so excited to get to working with Delena on memorizing scriptures! We attempted Bible Bee last year but quickly became overwhelmed. This year, they are toning things down just a bit and as a family we have decided to take the summer off from school to focus on Bible Bee! I will be the email/facebook coordinator. I am also very excited to be able to teach the kids inductively whichever book of the Bible that Bible Bee decides the kids need to know for testing day. I get to show all three groups of age of kids how to study that chapter inductive style - of course this would be exciting for a trained Precept leader :)
I am thankful for my Bible study time with Delena. Before school everyday, we do a Bible study - she chose for us to work through Daniel. We plan to be finished by the first of June when our Bible Bee material will arrive. I have trained her on inductive study so this adventure is so fun! Everyday she says, "lets do more!"
I am thankful that I decided to take on the job of being PE Elementary Coordinator for our Homeschool group next year! What a challenge for me but I am excited. Thinking maybe a Biggest Looser contest for our Elementary Mom's could be fun :)
I am thankful our garden is starting to show signs of life. Below is a picture of our first attempt at growing strawberries and as you see, they are growing!! The kids love going to help daddy work on the garden. We also have corn, sweet peas, cucumber, melons, green beans, lettuce, tomatoes and a blueberry tree planted. I'll post updates as things begin to grow.
Finally, for today, I am thankful that the kiddos have pen pals in Canada! I met a wonderful Christian friend from Canada from blogging and we have remained friends ever since. She has since closed her blog, but thanks to Facebook, we keep up with one another. One day, they will get to Disney World and we can meet in person! Anyway, our kids decided to be pen-pals -especially for our two boys who didn't want to practice handwriting. This sweet little picture was from her little Aiden that he drew for Taya. We are sending out our next letter tomorrow - and we are sending Silly Bandz! Apparently, they haven't become the crazy fad in Canada yet. Look out - Canada!!!
So what are you thankful for today? Join in over at Lynn's blog here and join in! Be blessed this weekend!
3 comments:
Thanks for your anniversary wishes and stopping by my blog!!! Hope your day is blessed!!!
Praying for ur family and praying God still provide the blessing u need.
Michele
Such precious blessings.
Post a Comment