We are about to begin the biggest room change in our house since we have lived here!
Our house has 3 bedrooms and a den plus a formal dinning room (which we have never used as a dinning room). Right now, Delena has her own room, Taya has her own room and Caleb uses the den for his room. It isn't working out too well. Although Mark built a make-shift closet, it still doesn't work well as a bedroom. The formal dinning room is our school room and happens to be the first thing you see when you walk in our house so a room full of printers, projects, grease boards and books isn't exactly charming (unless your a homeschooler than you totally understand the mess)!
Actually, the girls have asked to share a room. Taya's room, right now, is a total princess theme. Pink and yellow walls with a pink castle border. My friend Maureen painted a beautiful castle mural on the wall. Taya even has that cute little Step 2 Castle Bed. Now this was originally Delena's bedroom but they switched last year because Delena outgrew the Disney Princess thing.
So we have decided to let the girls share a room. They will both be in Delena's room as she has a fairly large room. They will have two twin beds with this theme:
I found this at JCPenney and knew the girls would love it. Besides, we have a Scottie dog named McKenzie so we love all things with Scottie patterns. I loved the mismatched look and think it will be adorable. I already ordered the bedding, now I have got to get Taya's Castle Bed sold to pay for it! Caleb is moving into Taya's room, which means painting the pink and yellow walls. I have asked my husband to preserve the castle mural though. Hopefully, the new furniture Caleb is getting will cover the castle up. He has chosen a camouflage bedding set from JCPenney so we will paint his walls brown/green. In his room now, he has the Step 2 Race Car bed which I have already sold but my friends who I sold it too aren't in a huge hurry so he is still using it until we start the switch.
Speaking of new bedroom furniture....turns out my friend, Betsy, has the exact same furniture as Mark and I. I have always told her that when she is ready to get rid of it --- I want her bed frame because she has a King and we have a Queen. Well, of course, now she is ready to get rid of it. So the plan is to give Caleb all her furniture and give him our bed. However, this has to wait until Mark gets a job. So he will get the furniture, we will store the King headboard until we can buy a mattress and new bedding and Caleb will use Delena's queen until that time. He is actually excited.
Now our school room will move into the den - behind closed doors! Not that it is a mess but there is just a lot of stuff - especially with all the projects we do with the Tapestry of Grace curriculum! Then the front room will once again be a nice, neat formal room that will be appealing to the eye when you first walk in! Just don't tell my hubby that! I told him it would be a second living space, so eventually we will get a TV for that room. All in time!
I am excited about the switch but can't wait for it to be over. I will post after results when we are all done!!
1 comment:
Sounds like a lot of work, but it's nice to be able to switch rooms around and also nice that the girls are willing to share a room.
I tried to email you twice yesterday and yahoo was having some problem I guess because it kept getting hung up. Anyway I wanted to thank you for the forward you sent!
Post a Comment