Both Caleb and Delena participated in the HAWK TROT race which is a fundraiser for the Hawk's athletic booster club. Delena ran the 1 mile Hawk Trot in 9:32. Not bad, even though she was in the back of the pack and one of the younger ones running in this race. She hasn't been much of a runner so I thought she did well for her very first race and very little work to prepare for it.
Delena at the finish line - even though its hard to tell from this picture.
Caleb ran the mini Hawk Trot, which was a 1/4 mile race. He did NO work to prepare for it and up until 20 minutes before race time he had no intention on doing it (even though I had signed him up for it ahead of time). I wasn't going to force him to do it but once he saw all his friends racing, he decided to join in. And he took 1st Place in his age group! Now I have two kids interested in running, a hubby that has run two 5ks this week --- so I better get back in the run mode!
Caleb and his friend, Sam finishing the race.
Caleb crossing the finish line!
Go F.I.S.H HAWKS!!


No comments:
Post a Comment