I understand that all homeschooling parents don't agree on specific theology. That is OK and part of what makes homeschooling so wonderful. But when someone speaks out about truth, truth as defined in God's word, and he is uninvited because he stood up for the truth....I find that so sad.
To sum up....Ken Ham was supposed to speak at two homeschool conventions (one of which is in Cincinnati near the Creation Museum). When he saw that Peter Enns from Biologos would be speaking, he made a blog post warning parents about Dr. Enns views on Genesis. Here is his original post.
I didn't find anything wrong with the post. I think he did a very good job at explaining the situation at hand. It was after that post that Ken Ham was uninvited.
Even more troubling is Jay Wile, who was an author for Apologia (science curriculum that I use) wrote this blog about Ken's blog. He also wrote this review of Peter Enns.
Peter Enns has had the debate before with theologians regarding his views of Scripture. Albert Mohler addressed the problem with Enns' theology in August, you can read it here. Dr. Mohler's blog post was started because Peter Enns questioned the speech Mohler gave at Ligioner's national conference in Orlando, FL last May. You can read Enns open letter to Dr. Mohler here.
Just like Ken Ham is being criticized and poked fun of...so was Albert Mohler over the summer. All either of these men did was to stand up for the truth, inerrant and supremacy of God's word. They defended the truth and both faced incredible backlash because of it.
Recently, with the Rob Bell controversy, Albert Mohler responded to Bell's book here here and here.
Emergent pastor, Brian McLaren, responded to Mohler's critique of Rob Bell's book here. Which
prompted a very well thought out response from Albert Mohler here.
Ken Ham also weighed in on the Rob Bell book.
Anyway, my point is that truth is really under attack. The Ken Ham controversy is sure to continue as homeschool parents support Ham or support Enns, which by the way, Enns has curriculum to sell that is evolution based!
I am disappointed with the way Ken Ham has been treated by other homeschool heavyweights. It makes me uneasy to see Apologia and Summit Ministries taking sides with Enns simply because Ken Ham tried to make people aware of what was happening.
First Rob Bells book, next evolution in homeschool conventions. So while I'm dishing out bad news, check out this video on "America's Pastor," Rick Warren. Another very enlightening video on exactly how truth is under attack.
1 comment:
I'm with you 100% on this one, Dana. I considered writing up a blog post about the subject, but you did such a wonderful job that I'm going to send some Twitter and Facebook friends over here. Thank you.
Post a Comment