Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and
admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual
songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16 English
Standard Version




I love Thankful Thursday. I didn't participate last week and I really missed it. Last week was just one of those busy weeks where I didn't even work on the blog. So with that, today I am thankful for:

Encouraging news on the job front for my husband. No, no job yet...but there is more movement in the last week than there has been in the entire 8 months! We are praying for three opportunities he might have with three different jobs!!

God's continued provision during this time. Praising God we took that Financial Peace class all those years ago!

Thankful for the opportunity to do the Disney Give A Day - Get A Day. We, as a family, get to do our volunteer work with our homeschool group and get the free ticket to Disney. Which, I found out is eligible for an upgrade to Florida Season passes.....if good news happens with a job, we might be able to get passes again. Still thinking of September - that is our favorite time to go!

I am very thankful for the Valentine's Day I spent with my wonderful hubby. I wrote about it earlier this week, so I won't rewrite it now, but it was a wonderful day. I love that man so much!

I am thankful for friends who think alike and want to see a change. I have two of the best girlfriends in the whole world! More on that later :)

So, what are you thankful for today? Iris is hosting this month and you can join in here.

5 comments:

LeAnn said...

My daughter is doing the give a day get a day! I think it is neat they offer it. I love seeing your attitude as you go through this time in your life. Thanks for sharing. ~

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing God's faithfulness to you! Glad you had a marvelous Valentine's Day with your hubby. Blessings.

Joan Hall said...

Dana:

Thank you for sharing your heart. God is so faithful. I've been there in that my husband went without a job for a long time (this happened several years ago.) God always provided.

Blessings,
Joan

jo.attalife said...

May your joy increase in the Lord! Blessings!
Here's mine.

Denise said...

Praying your husband will be blessed with a new job.