Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just Ramdon Thoughts

I had a really nice Valentine Weekend! Saturday I didn't feel too great, so Mark took the kids to soccer and I stayed home with T. It was really cool Saturday morning so I enjoyed staying home, snuggled with T. I worked on a project and she watched some movies from the library.

I felt a little better on Sunday. My mom kept the kids for the afternoon so Mark and I could have a date afternoon. Of course, we stayed home because we didn't want to spend extra money to go out. We watched the Olympics and the Daytona 500 - or what we could watch of it since it was delayed. I went to High School with someone racing in the Daytona, so it was exciting to see him. He didn't win, but finished in the top 7! Very impressive!

Mark made amazing steaks with sweet potatoes and we had cheesecake. Mark gave me two cute outfits....a brown skirt with a blueish top and a brown and white skirt with a beige top. He always does a great job picking out clothes for me.

This is the shirt:



This is the skirt:





I have a niece getting married in March. I think this will be a nice outfit to wear since the wedding is outside. In Florida, you never know what the weather will be like in March - could be cool, warm, sunny or rainy! I still need to get the matching necklace for this outfit. The other skirt is very similar only with slight print to it. The top is different, though.



We are enjoying watching the Olympics! The kids are really getting into it. D. especially loves to watch the figure skating. We watched last night the two couples from around our area. They trained in Ellenton, about 30 minutes South of us. There is a wonderful outlet mall there that we love to go to - just haven't gone for a while.



I have been messing around with the blog as far as backgrounds - so don't be frustrated if you come and it keeps changing. I am trying to play with it to see what works. Just trying to be a little creative! I wish I knew how to add those fancy fonts and do the title up nicer.



Last Thursday at our homeschool park day, a mom in the group saw me walking around with T. She asked if I would claim her :) Then she handed me a CD with pictures from our Book It Character day a few weeks ago. It took me a few days to finally look at the pictures (I took a bunch that day and really didn't think I needed anymore) but I was pleasantly surprised to see them. I love this picture of T.






She also took this sweet little picture! T. dressed as a Princess, of course, and her book was Gigi - God's Little Princess by Sheila Walsh.

Book It day is always so much fun. C. brought a book about the Transformers and dressed as Bumblebee. D. brought a book on Star Wars and dressed as Ashoka Tanu.

Now today, its back to school. We are still working on Colonial America, although I am contemplating taking a break and doing a Winter Olympics lapbook. We have cheerleading this afternoon and I have a prophecy class tonight. On the way to cheerleading, I get to pick up the next book in Joel Rosenberg's series - The Copper Scrolls! I can't wait. I am totally hooked on these novels.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: