
This has been such an amazing week. I really have seen the goodness of the grace of God each and everyday. This time of the week is so special, a time to reflect on the goodness of God, giving thanks in all things! So with that, here is what I am praising God with Thanksgiving for:
- My husband's job interview went really well on Monday! We are so hopeful....he made it to the second round of interview. The company is a Christian company and they started the interview with prayer! That has never happened to my hubby before. This would be a great opportunity, so we are praying praying and praying some more!
- My little man prayed to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior yesterday! I guess this one should really be first....there is no greater joy than for a mom to see her children repent of their sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ! He has been asking lots of questions lately and he keeps saying he wants to be "saved." So, yesterday after he started asking questions, I sat down with him. We read through some of passages that John MacArthur wrote in his book, A Faith To Grow On. We read about sin and salvation. Then we went through his Awana Sparks book and looked at the verses he has memorized and talked about how they relate. He said he understood and wanted to be saved. So he and I prayed together. It was so awesome!! Next step....baptism :) Such an exciting day!
- I am so thankful to be able to homeschool. We had an awesome field trip to a local Christian hit radio station and the kids loved it. I loved it. And I loved being with them. Sometimes the ins and outs of everyday school become so normal, so a field trip and lunch with friends was a nice change of gears and really allowed me to enjoy the time with them. When my friend and I chat about curriculum and such and how our kids learn and how we do things, I just get a thankful heart all over again. I guess I was needing a good reminder of why I homeschool and how grateful I am to be able to do so.
- I am thankful for date nights! Last night, I had a date night with hubby. It was a short one, only about an hour while the kiddos were at Awana (one in Sparks, Cubbies and T&T). We got take home from Ruby Tuesday with a 25% off coupon, so we had dinner for about $15! I made a batch of fresh homemade brownies for dessert. So we had a nice, quiet, simple dinner alone. Can't ask for anything better than that! :)
- I am thankful that my little guy started 1st grade math this week. He completed all his Math U See Primer and has moved on to Alpha. He also started 1st grade Language Arts (we use Learning Language Arts through Literature). So he is technically still in K, but doing some 1st grade work! Love that and very thankful for it!!!
So what are you thankful for? Why not join in and share with everyone by going here.

2 comments:
Such precious blessings, praising God for the salvation of your child.
Wow!!! You have some fantastic things happening this week!!!! Thanks for letting us share int heat joy. :)
Post a Comment