Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday



And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord,call upon his
name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is
exalted." Isaiah 12:4 ESV

Its Thursday and that means it is time for Thankful Thursday. I love this time of the week to just stop and share with others the many things to be thankful for. Here is my list for the week:

  • God's financial provision over our family again this week. We are really at a point where we are relying on the Lord to help us through this job layoff and He has been faithful again!
  • My Bible study on the Covenant. I have completed Week 1. It is very exciting and something I have wanted to work through for a long time. I can't wait to share more about it here on my blog as I learn!
  • I am thankful for being able to take a Prophecy Class on Tuesday nights. I am taking one at a new Jewish learning center here in town. The lady leading it is very knowledgeable. Although I might not agree with everything she says, I have always wanted to study Prophecy in-depth and she is helping me walk through Scripture to discover it. This past Tuesday we took apart Matthew 24 (only part of it so far). Just amazing!!
  • I am thankful my husband is continuing his study on Genesis 1 - Precept Upon Precept.
  • God truly blessed us this week with regard to my husband's hospital bill. See, back in November, he woke up in the middle of the night thinking he was having a heart attack. We had been paying COBRA premiums, so we had insurance when this happened. After 12 hours of testing, the doctors found nothing to indicate a heart attack. This was excellent news! Then the doctor's bills began to pour in.....all $30,000 of them! $30,000 for 12 hours in the ER!! AND insurance was denying them. For weeks I have been in somewhat of a panic.....how in the world will we ever pay off these hospital bills? After numerous calls back and forth with the hospital and the insurance company.....the insurance finally paid up. Turns out their "negotiated rate" was about $5,000 and our portion of that is about $750! So we went from a $30,000 bill to $750! Praise God!

What do you have to be thankful for today? Please join Iris here.




2 comments:

annies home said...

so happy to hear your hubbys medical bills were taken care of that is always something great to be thankful for

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings.