Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

After one last vacation, things are returning to normal and homeschooling is in full swing! I am honestly looking forward to cooler breezes and autumn air. Sometimes I stress that time is going by too quickly and while the upcoming school year has some exciting things ahead, it also makes me sad that it will go by quickly and the kids will be another year older and another grade higher in school. So, it is really important for me to focus on being thankful for what we do now, thankful for what is coming up and make the most of the time I have with the kids.

So with that,


  • I am thankful for our vacation last week, the runs on the dog beach, the time paddling in my kayak, my paddle with the dolphin and watching Caleb catch fish from the back of our campsite!
  • I am thankful to have celebrated my husband's 44th birthday doing what he loves to do best - camp and fish!
  • I am thankful to have celebrated Taya's 6th birthday too while gone and for friends who camped with us so we could have a small birthday gathering for her.
  • I am thankful for the joy in Taya's face when she got her Pepper Pillow!  All three kiddos were given Pepper Pillows from my Sister-in-law.  See them here (Taya), here (Delena) and here (Caleb).
  • I am thankful for our Zechariah Precept study my friend Betsy and I are leading at our church.
  • I am thankful for my mom who is keeping the kids for us so we can go to the marriage conference at our church with Kirk Cameron!
  • I am thankful for upcoming field trips and clubs and co-op where the kids can have fun with friends.
  • I am thankful for new friends at Sunday School who want to plan a camping trip with us!
  • I am thankful for our Sunday School leader, he probably doesn't get the appreciation he deserves and I'm grateful that he faithfully serves our class each and every week with a genuine heart.  It really is a blessing to sit under his leading.
We have a lot planned this year!  It will fly by but today I am grateful for today.  School, social time with Paula at Homeschooling in PJs and her little one, karate and spin class (that I haven't been to in three weeks)!

What are you thankful for?  Stop in at By Grace Alone and share the thankfulness!






 

3 comments:

tammi said...

Whew, you DO have a lot going on!! It will surely make the time fly... and give you so much more to be thankful for along the way!!

bp said...

I enjoyed your thankful list and you have a pretty blog! I have a Caleb too...he just turned 8.

I agree, the time goes so fast.

Have a wonderful day!
Bethany

Kathleen said...

What a great list - birthdays, camping, adventurers to look forward to. Bless You!