Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This is so cool!

As a teenager, my all time favorite group in the entire world was PETRA!! Oh, how I loved PETRA! Actually, they probably are still my favorite band ever (Third Day and Newsboys run a fairly close 2nd :)

I'll never forget all the many Petra concerts, trips to Night of Joy to see them..so many memories. The last time I saw them was in 1995, Mark and I were only dating and went to see them at Carpenter's Home Church in Lakeland. He wasn't much of a Christian music person back then, but he went. I remember him being so shocked to find out that John Schlitt used to be the lead singer of Head East. He was the only person I ever met who actually knew who Head East was!! Mark grew to like Petra. Especially since the very next month I drug him back to Carpenters Home to see DC Talk. Then Petra looked really good :)

Anyway, I was so excited to see that Classic Petra is back together. This is old time Petra - like pre 1986 because it is the old Greg X Volz Petra! The video below is taken from their new blog but created by a fan who was at the TBN taping that is going to air sometime in late March or early April. I can't wait to see it.

I already told Mark, if they come anywhere near us, we are going. Man, they all got so old!!! Well, I guess they had too, I was about 10 the last time this Petra was together (before John Schlitt). Super excited that Mark Kelly is back. Total crush on him when I was little. Yep, he got old too! How does that happen??





1 comment:

tammi said...

Haha, SWEEEEEET! They ARE old. Man, that's so weird, 'cuz I haven't aged a BIT!! ;)