Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fighter Verses

Scripture Memory hasn't been one of my stronger passions. I study - and love love love to study - but I've never been too committed to memorizing.

I know that I should though. Sometimes, I guess I just dismiss it with getting older. After all, I can never remember someone's name the first time I meet them. And if it wasn't for my iPad or Blackberry reminding me of what I need to do, I would be lost. So really, scripture memory too?

However, I found this really great app for the iPad from Desiring God. It is called Fighter Verses. Basically, there are three levels of Scripture Memory each week. Fighter Verses are one simple verse. Extended Verses is a bit more to work on. Legacy verses are even more still. You can listen to the verse be read. There is even a fill in the blank.

I downloaded the app from the iTunes store for 1.99. We are going to work through this for homeschool. You can check off each week as you memorize your verse. I think this will be awesome for the kids to work on but also important for them to see me doing it too!

Here is the website that gives you more information, Fighter Verses.

If you have an iPhone or iPad, this is worth the download price. There is also an app for droid users.

No comments: