Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Miley Cyrus New Video

I almost NEVER post two posts in one day. However, I have been following a series of posts over at Secret Keeper Girl regarding Miley Cyrus and her new video - Can't Be Tamed. I watched the video on you tube and I'll leave it at that...my 9 year old will not be allowed to view it. Anyway, Dannah over at Secret Keeper Girl has three great posts regarding this:

An Open Letter to Billy Ray and Tish Cyrus

How To Talk to Your Daughter About Miley Cyrus Part 1

How To Talk to Your Daughter About Miley Cyrus Day 2

I, like a lot of Christian moms, did allow my kids to watch Hannah Montana. Honestly, the show is funny. I enjoyed watching it with the kids. My daughter loved Hannah Montana and Miley. So last December I took her to a Miley concert here in Tampa. This was a Miley concert....Hannah Montana was no where around. The show was unacceptable for the crowd that was in attendance - in fact Delena was among the older kids there! I was disappointed and even Delena was and noticed the way Miley was behaving.

Ever since then she has distanced herself from Miley and Hannah Montana. She went almost 2 months without watching it on the Disney channel and even now she only watches it on occasion. She never listens to her music anymore. In January, Mark and I took her and her little best friend to Winter Jam - we saw Third Day and she was thrilled. Now she listens only to CCM music and I will take that any day over the new Miley.

It makes me sad to have to take this step. I enjoyed Miley and was hopeful for her that she wouldn't go the Brittany path. I really hope her parents realize this and step in soon........

2 comments:

tammi said...

I feel your pain. Whatever has happened to parents wanting to protect their childs' innocence?

I provide after-school childcare 3 days a week for two kids that live nearby and yesterday was early dismissal, so they were here much longer than usual. I let them watch an animated movie that my girls love because it was far too wet to play outside.

It was a movie the other kids had never seen and has plenty of excitement and action, but despite this, the 8-yr old (who's only 5 months older than my oldest) seemed bored by it. We asked her what her favourite movie was and she said, "The Twilight series"! I was a little shocked, to say the least!!

::sigh::

Dana said...

Wow, 8 years old is young to watch Twilight! That is another one we don't watch. Kids grow up WAY too quickly.