Here is an amazing website that goes into incredible detail about our country's heritage, the founding fathers and the church. It is called Wallbuilders.
I first saw the website on Huckabee and was intrigued by the history.
In our new unit study, we are begining the Reformation period. In our next unit, we will dig more into the founding days of the USA. I am really excited to teach my children how the direct response of the Reformation was founding our new land! In fact, many have called John Calvin one of the "fathers" of our country.
It saddens me the direction we take today as a country and the hostility towards Christianity. Still, I know God is sovereign in all things - including what is happening today. He is still in control! In the end, God will not be mocked and His glory will be made known. I take great hope in that!
Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment