Friday, October 2, 2009

Homeschool Moments

I love it when the kids "get it."

D. is working on a geography project for our Homeschool Group's geography fair. She chose Spain as her country. She really has undertaken the whole idea of researching herself. And she is doing a wonderful job - for a third grader.

So this morning, she told me:

"Mom, I started to write so stuff about Spain but the book said people have lived in Spain for over 100,000 years. I know that isn't right."

She brought me the book and sure enough, it said people lived in Spain 100,000 years.

We are working through Apologia's Exploring Creation through Astronomy. This book has been really good at pointing out the flaws of "old earth" theory. Just the other day we discussed how old earth people have a very hard time explaining the smooth side of the moon. If it was millions of years old, it would have craters all over it. This is just one of many things we have discussed in relation to the age of the earth.

I am Praising God that she gets it. I am so thankful to Homeschool. Helping to frame a Biblical worldview is the most important thing I can think of in child raising. I so want each of my kids to have that Biblical worldview...and then be able to defend it. I am sure, of course unless they all three get to go to Southern Seminary, college will be a real challenge of faith. I want them to be ready!

No comments: