Other than the outside lights, we are already decorated and ready for Christmas. I actually had this done before Thanksgiving because we were away for the holiday camping.
If you follow my blog much, you probably know I had my eye on a linen white Paula Deen TV ensemble. Well, I finally was able to convince my husband to go look at them with me as an anniversary present. Apparently, I didn't realize that every single piece was priced individually and the entire unit would've cost somewhere around $3,000.00. And to boot, the table on clearance that I wanted, would have run around $2,000.00 by time we purchased the matching chairs. $5,000 in new furniture is NOT in the budget, so time to move on and look for other alternatives.
Well, as you can see we chose a fireplace unit. I am excited to actually be able to hang stockings on a fireplace, something silly but something I have always wanted to do. Its a perfect Florida fireplace because the flame can run with or without heat.
My hubby also got us a new Christmas tree. When my youngest was 1, she pulled the tree over (yes, totally and completely over). The tree was never right and last year, most of the pre-lit lights wouldn't light up. So, we chose this 9 foot slim tree. This is the first year I have never had a multi color tree but the clear lights looked so pretty, I decided not to add any additional lights to it!
We are looking forward to Christmas. I think this year, instead of a lot of gifts, we are going to opt for theme park passes - probably Busch Gardens / Sea World. The kids haven't been to Busch Gardens in 6 years and only my oldest has been to Sea World. We have gotten them a few smaller things but this will be the main gift for us all!
Some of our favorite traditions are looking at Christmas lights, getting our Hallmark Ornaments and going to the church musicals. Now to get those outside lights done!
What are some of your favorite traditions?

1 comment:
I love your fireplace! It all looks SO good!
Post a Comment