Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible Reading Plans

I wanted to share a couple of links that we are promoting over at Laced With Grace. Its funny that I posted last week about studying more and that seems to be a common theme among bloggers.

Laced With Grace will be doing a monthly scripture desktop. This month is John 14:6. Here is the link and you can download to your desktop.

There is also a link to Kathy Howard's blog for different reading types of reading plans. You can read that here.

We've been challenged to come up with a verse for the year. Honestly, being gone this weekend and staying busy the whole trip (even though I hoped to have lots of down time), I haven't thought about it. I am going to take a few days and think and pray about a verse for the coming year.

I wholeheartedly agree that studying God's word has to be a priority. While it seems like a good idea to read through the Bible in a year, I don't want to rush the readings just to say I read through the Bible in a year. For me, I can't read through it in a year because I would simply read it, not study it. Reading 4 chapters in the Bible is a lot of reading for one day. Realistically at this stage in my life, that leaves little to no time to study. I want to study and really understand what I am reading.

I hope to have more to add on study here in the next few months. Its a little writing project I'm working on and would love to share soon!

Anyway, with that said, we had a great trip! I will try and get pictures posted on my camping blog soon. The kids are learning to fish really enjoyed the weekend. Our next trip is in just a few short weeks. YEAH!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I've never liked the yearly Bible reading lists for that very reason. I like to take my time and not just read it for the sake of saying I read it.
I'm glad you all are enjoying your camping!