Thursday, January 6, 2011

Made To Crave

Lysa TerKeurst, who is President of Proverbs 31 ministries, has a new book out called Made To Crave. At first I thought, just what I need, another how to diet book! A former Bible study teacher of mine who used to live here in Tampa, moved to North Carolina a few years ago and began working for Proverbs 31 Ministries. She posted on Facebook the other day about the book.

Because I am curious by nature, I followed the link to the website and began snooping around.

Well, I honestly found the idea of the book intriguing. It isn't a diet book, but rather a helpful book to encourage us to reframe our thinking about healthy eating. I noticed on the website that Lysa will be having Monday evening webcasts starting this Monday, January 10th. So I decided to join along. It can't hurt, right?

There is Bible study material available but I am not going to do that. In fact, I haven't even purchased the book yet. However, there was a devotional book available the other evening for FREE at Amazon's Kindle store. I did download it and have been reading it everyday. So far, I am encouraged and enjoy what she is saying. I am actually looking forward to the webcasts.

Just FYI, I can no longer find the devotional book....anywhere. So I am not sure what that was about.

So that to say, I wanted to share the link in case anyone else is interested in the webcasts. Visit Made To Crave.

What about you? How are your New Years Resolutions coming? Lets say, I am really glad I didn't try one of those read your Bible in a year plans, I am already way behind. On the flip side, I am learning so much about 1 Samuel and loving using my Logos software, even if I only get through a few verses a day!

No comments: