I have had a busy couple of weeks. Two weekends ago, my hubby and I had a small getaway for our 14th anniversary. It was so much fun, but we did miss the kids.
Prior to our leaving for the trip, my friend (Betsy) and I planned to begin the Perfect 10 diet. You can read specifics about the diet in the book but it basically gets rid of all processed food, low fat food and sugar in order to balance 10 hormones that contribute to weight loss.
We started the diet last Monday. So it was a good thing Mark and I indulged at Boma's (at the Animal Kingdom lodge) before - just a side note - Zebra Domes are to die for! YUMMMMMMMM
So when our actual anniversary rolled around on the 26th, we didn't celebrate by eating. I stuck to my new diet perfectly. Even prepared a meal for a girl at church who was in a car accident and didn't cheat once.
Then the weekend rolled around with our camping trip for Halloween. And yes, I cheated. Pancakes. Small tortilla shells. 1 or 2 (well maybe 3 or 4 - but who is counting) cookies, Kungulash and yes more Zebra Domes. Then the kids collected lots of candy. Did I mention I have an addiction to 3 Muskateers??? So, yeah I nibbled on a few candies as welle
But today is a new day and I am back to my perfect keeping of the diet. Tonight we had chicken with artichoke hearts in fire roasted diced tomatoes with a tossed salad and freshly sliced avocodo. OK, so it isn't Zebra Domes but it will do!! This phase is 3 weeks long - no grains, no pasta, no sugar. So I will probably do it a few days longer to make up for my cheats. However, with cheats and all, I have lost 6 lbs in a week and a half. I am really excited about that and motivated to keep on going.
I'll report how the 3 weeks went when completely over. Yes, this is hard. Yes, our grocery bill is now back to pricey (not much couponing for organic foods) and yes, I have eliminated all processed foods (except those cheat days).
Dr. Aziz's book is very interesting (just be warned, he is an old earth believer so you have to take some of the logic with a grain of salt) but otherwise most of what he says makes perfect sense.
So hopefully with this strict diet and excercise, I will finally get some results. And my braces come off December 14th. Now if I can just get contacts again, I will be a new person :)
1 comment:
Congratulations on the weight loss!! That's great!
Post a Comment