Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Frustrating.....

Loosing weight, that is!

Last week, I had a really good week. I have run about 5 times since my last weigh in. On Saturday, the family went for a bike ride at Flatwoods Park. We only did 8 miles, but I was towing a kid behind my bike so I think that almost doubles my miles (from what I have read online).

I have been pretty cautious on food intake. And I gained 2 pounds.

The next two weeks are going to be a challenge with eating. See, this weekend, my hubby and I have a weekend away together for our anniversary (coming up on 14 years on the 26th). My wonderful girlfriend, Betsy, is keeping my kiddos for us. So we decided to do something special for our trip and eat at Boma's. It is an African cuisine BUFFET at Animal Kingdom Lodge. What was I thinking!!!???!! Desserts come with the buffet. Massive bike ride planned after our dinner :)

Next weekend we are camping again for Halloween weekend with several friends. Halloween is never a good eating weekend. We already have one birthday party to attend during the weekend at someone's campsite. Food is going to be everywhere. Thankfully, I do have my bike to ride for excercise and I might have to force a run in during the weekend.


I think trying to loose this 20lbs (well, make that 22lbs now) I need to get off is about the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I can't believe what a struggle it is.

Ok, vent over.....I am looking forward to my weekend though.

2 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Feeling it for you! I got a stationary bike, and after six weeks of riding nearly every day I'd gained 2 lbs. BUT, you have to think--exercise does build muscle, so that may have something to do with it. Don't be discouraged!

tammi said...

Congratulations, and happy anniversary!! Our 14th is just under four months away now.

I'm trying very hard to just make good decision about eating and exercise rather than watching the actual numbers on the scale. I mean, I want to lose weight, but I'm trying to think of that as the by-product of good decisions rather than my focus. The progress is definitely slower, but I think the rewards will be longer-lasting.

Keep it up!!!!!