Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful Thursday

The summer is in full swing here at our house! I thought I would have more time to blog but somehow it isn't turning out that way. Still, it is always good to stop and reflect on what I am thankful for.....

I am thankful for the summer days home with my kids just having fun. We are actually taking a break from homeschool and just enjoying some quiet fun times together!

I am thankful the kids and I are able to be on our homeschool group's bowling league. A fun game to play inside the cool a/c on hot Florida days!

I am thankful for the $5 short sale for my youngest at The Children's Place yesterday!

I am thankful for VBS which is next week! I am working as a co-teacher for Caleb's class.

I am thankful that so far, our beaches here have been unaffected by the oil spill. Praying for all those who are affected.

I am thankful I was able to secure a campsite for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Disney! This is a big surprise to the kiddos to go camping for Christmas. We will make such wonderful memories decorating our site and having a small Christmas tree for the gifts....we will still get the kids small presents but this year it is about family time and making memories together.

What are you thankful for? Join in today at Iris' blog here.

7 comments:

tammi said...

Camping at Christmas ~ now THAT is a novel idea!! Sounds like a really great way to spend the holiday! That will be a great Christmas memory for years to come.

Kat Heckenbach said...

We've camped right before, but not on Christmas at Disney. How cool for you! We love riding around and looking at the decorated campsites.

This week I'm thankful for being able to slow down!

Denise said...

Such sweet blessings.

GIOVANNI said...

You have a grateful heart my dear..

Anonymous said...

You are giving your kids a lifetime of memories. For that, they will be forever grateful. In turn, you are delighted to watch their wonder, amazement and sheer joy.

Rita T. said...

Enjoyed your post. Have a great week!

i said...

Sounds like a great start to summer. Have a good break!