Now it is back to a somewhat formal room but really it is the kids area to play games and watch movies.
This is the TV stand/bookcases set that was in the family room. We moved it to this room so the kids can have all the movies and video games in here. Mark laid the laminate wood floors and I bought the shag throw rug at Wal Mart. Since I don't have an office I had to leave the file cabinet in here - it contains my stuff for my job.
This is the couch in the room.....funny, I almost got rid of it because it was so tight in there when we used this room as a school room. I wish I had taken a before shot, but the couch was actually turned against the short wall sticking out and I had a small bookshelf behind it to create a half wall. Then all those bookcases from the school room were in here too! Way too crowded - no matter what I did it never looked cleaned. Now it is all opened up again - I feel like we have doubled the space in our house!
As good of a shot as I can get of the whole room!
More pictures coming of the family room - it is all done as well. However, we don't have a TV since our TV died back in January and we are using a computer monitor for a tv. It looks kind of funny. The girls room is pretty much done as well - we have a few Afghan hangers to hang up then I can post pictures of it. Caleb's room still needs painting so those pictures won't come for a few weeks.
And my summer project - the kids bathroom. Right now it is painted purple with dragonflies. Target has the cutest Mickey Mouse stuff now, so twice a month I go get one thing for it until we get everything we need. Then I will repaint that bathroom yellow and have the kids color pictures of Mickey and friends and hang them (in cheap picture frames) in the bathroom. This should be a fun room to do and I can't wait until it comes together. I have done really good about not decorating Mickey Mouse stuff all over the house so I am excited to have one room dedicated to our favorite character :)
2 comments:
Looks lovely - very comfy and inviting. :-)
That looks really nice!!!
Post a Comment