Anyway, it came to mind recently as I saw someone doing this same type of thing on Facebook with a group of people. The idea is to write Scripture and it is based on Deuteronomy 17:18. There are journals called Journible you can purchase here.
I decided to create my own. In two weeks, we will begin the Precept Upon Precept study of the book of Esther. I wanted to create a journal for our class so the students can also try writing the book of Esther with me also. The idea is to write a little bit of Scripture everyday. The point is to be purposeful in writing the text, paying attention to what your writing. Of course, with Precept classes, you read and mark the text but this is focused on actually writing - just as the Scribes used to do.
My journal has 3 pages to start (remember, this is my first one, I'm sure they will progress as I work through this, but needed a starting point). Of course, the first is a title page. The second has a lined space on the side to copy the scripture and then blank spaces to write any notes or cross references. The third page is simply lined to copy the text.
I'm sharing it free here on my blog. Feel free to download, print as many pages as you need, and give me feedback on how its working or what else you would like. I've seen some on other blogs that are topical, but since I love to study book by book, I felt this would be the best place to start. I would love for a few of you to try it. You can print on parchment paper (which I was so excited to see Wal Mart carry) and then bind or put in a 3 ring binder or folder....whatever works best for you. Parchment paper gives it a more journal feel I think.
I'm excited to add this to my morning routine!
You can download it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment