Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fired Up!

I love to be excited about an exciting campaign season; when there is something to be excited about.  Unfortunately, this campaign season left little to be excited about.

I'll admit up front, I didn't vote for Mitt Romney in the primaries.  Our country is going in the wrong direction on all moral fronts and somehow Mitt Romney was not my idea of how to help fix things.  So as he began to pull ahead in the polls and become the Republican front runner, any excitement, hope, enthusiasm - well - died.

I had heard all the talking heads, discernment blogs, discernment talk shows - Mitt Romney is Mormon and Mormon Theology could have an agenda within the government. I'm not Mormon, so as I listened to concerns from former Mormons I began to worry that a Mormon president could be real trouble.

Then came the Republican National Convention here in my hometown of Tampa, Florida.  We happened to be camping that week at the beach, but because of the hot buggy weather, we ended up spending most evenings inside the RV and watched a lot of the evening coverage of the convention.

First came Ann Romney's speech.  I began to see a man who isn't an uncaring money making machine robot that the media had done so hard of a job to portray.  I watched speech after speech portray Mitt Romney as a human being.  I remember watching video montages that people put together of Romney being with sick people from his church and being there for families who lost loved ones.  Then I remember the video of his children showing the light bulb change job he did over their stove.  The bulb he used stuck out further than it was supposed to because he used the wrong type of bulb.  In order to solve this dilemma, he simply duct taped a piece of Reynolds wrap in front of the blinding light.  His kids called him "cheap."  I, however, began to see a man, a non perfect human man who has a real life with a real family and someone who might possibly make a good president.  And suddenly, like my favorite warming wax scent, I slowly began to melt.

Then came the debate.  OK, whether your conservative, liberal, Republican or Democrat, you pretty much have to admit Romney Won!  His performance at the debate electrified the Republican party and the wax melted a bit more.  Now I saw a dynamic man who knows what he is talking.

So when we got the call to go see Mitt Romney at a Victory Rally in St. Petersburg, I went.  I had to move heaven and earth to get there  (well not really but some real sacrifices had to be made).  My oldest, Delena, and my friend Denise and two of her kids loaded up and headed to Pier Park to see Mr. Romney speak to an on fire, electrified crowd.  Excitement building.....

Then came the protesters.  I have to admit, I was NOT expecting that.  I was not expecting them to talk to my child!  My heart broke.

I was broken to think that this man, Mitt Romney, has to face this every single place he publicly goes.  People who take images of him and make them into absurd and disrespectful characitures.  People who constantly tell lies about you.  That every single word you say can be taken and turned into some agenda, some way to protest - yes Big Bird was protesting!  Now granted, I'm sure President Obama probably goes through the same thing and it is sad.  I'm not an Obama fan, but I would never want to intention hurt someones feelings or be rude.  Its one thing to protest, its another to be hateful.  To think what this does to someone, day after day, city after city.

I was broken for my children.  If we don't get this country turned around, it could very well be those protesters and their unbiblical ideas leading our country.  You know what?  My kids don't even know who Big Bird is.  And I think they are fine.  So, Big Bird may go away....so what?

I was broken for our country.  We are not a United States of America.  We really really are a Divided States of America.   That is very clear as the polls are running tight.

After passing through airport like security and getting a spot about 5 rows back right in front of where Mitt Romney would speak, the real excitement began to set it.  In the hot heat, people passing out from heat exhaustion around us, we listened to about 1 hour of local politicians speak about the upcoming local, state and national elections.  We listened to the importance of voting for Republicans in the upcoming election and the ultimate goal to take back the white house. Before Romney arrived, one of the speakers, and I honestly don't remember which one said it, but they made a point of saying this for Mitt Romney, to run for president was a sacrifice.  He doesn't need this.  He certainly isn't doing this for the money.  He is making a sacrifice to serve our country.  Wax continues to melt.

Finally, the motorcade arrived.  Mitt & Ann Romney arrived in a Romney/Ryan tour bus.  They walked down a narrow walkway where we were standing, shaking hands with supporters.  Ann Romney took the time to stop and shake Delena's hand.  Mitt Romney gave an inspiring speech.  When it was over, I was fired up!  Finally, I am excited about this election, I am excited about Mitt Romney, I am excited about Paul Ryan and it was a great day to be a Republican!

Is Mitt Romney perfect?  No.  Would I like him to be more Pro Life?  Yes!  Would I like him to be a Christian?  Yes!  But I am not voting for a pastor, I am voting for the most moral, most upright man who could lead our country.  You know, God isn't sitting up in Heaven thinking "wow, I really thought  Ron Paul would be the nominee."  No, under God's divine plan and sovereign guidance, Mitt Romney is the one who is running against the most Pro Abortion President to ever hold the office of President.  And Romney is the man going up against him.  Putting Obama and Romney next to each other, looking at their voting records, Romney has morals and values and a heart to bring positive progression for this country.

I am excited.  And I promise this will be my first, last and only political post.  I don't want to be a political blogger, but an honest one who struggled through this election process.

I want to share two links and then a couple of pictures from the Rally that my daughter took.

First, here is a link to Voddie Bauchman talking about Abortion and Obama.  Worth worth the listen!

Next, here is a link to John MacArthur, who never speaks about politics, speaking about the Democratic party's agenda.

And finally, a couple of pictures from the rally:




No comments: