- Homeschool promotion (check)
- Homeschool evaluations (check)
- Memorial Day trip camping (check)
- VBS (check)
- Tropical Storm Debbie (check)
- Girls camping trip to plan for co-op (check)
- Family vacation in the Florida Keys (check)
- Family visit (check) 2012 Olympics (check)
- New curriculum ordered (check)
- School supplies bought (check)
- New tile in kid's bathroom (check)
- Visits to the beach with friends (check)
- Set up My Well Planned Day software (quasi check, they are still in Beta).
Here, the summer is winding down. We actually started back to homeschool, three days a week through August. Bible Bee competition is coming on August 25th. And we are squeezing in one more camping trip before school starts full time!
Changes are coming....Delena is now a middle schooler. Of course, that means making adjustments in our schooling to teach dialectic classes. She will also be start youth group at church, which btw, has me very very very nervous. I'm not liking this whole youth group idea but we will try it for a bit and see. I know two parents who plan to be VERY involved. Taya will promote to first grade at church which for her means she has to start coming to big church with the family. This isn't too big of a change because she has come with us on occasion before.
Speaking of youth group, Wednesday night activities will be kicking up again soon and I will be leading a Precept Upon Precept class with my friend, Betsy. We are going to lead Zechariah. We are trying to work with our church to implement Precept's Family Discipleship plan, but couldn't get the details worked out before the start of fall semester. So, now we are aiming towards January and working through the book of John. I am excited to work with our pastors and women's director to design this program for our church! I pray parents will get excited about studying the Word of God together.
And, very exciting news to celebrate....my son, Caleb, was baptized July 29th at our church. It was so neat to have my mom and Mark's dad both there to celebrate. His best friend's family also celebrated with us!
That about sums it up! Now that summer is over, when I thought I would have lots of time to work on my blog, maybe I can actually have more regular posts here!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment