Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I've switched to the dark side.....

In the world of computers that is.....

Well, the time had finally come. My beloved Dell 1520 Inspiron is on its last legs. To top that off, the accountant that handles all the business accounts wants me to "switch" to Quickbooks instead of my easy going, easy to use Quicken. My Dell said...."no more!"

So, while my boss was here last week I talked to him about getting a new computer and switching to Quickbooks. He gave me the go ahead --- new computer and switch to Quickbooks!

After dealing with a few issues with the Quickbooks working on different platforms, etc....I bought a MacBook Pro!

My hubby, who makes his living working on PCs, calls it the "dark side." But truthfully, I think he is quit impressed with all this little thing can do.

I have lots to work on to get this going. First, had to order Quickbooks from Amazon. But because my accountant wants me to run the accountant's copy, my hubby has to install Windows on the Mac. So I bought Fusion software to have a virtual windows machine on the Mac and can run Quickbooks.

I spent time researching Word versus Pages---Numbers versus Excel. I think I am going to stick with Office products but get the Mac version. Hopefully this will make sharing documents between my boss and I (and anyone else) easy.

The Mac is a learning curve but I keep playing with it and am starting to get used to its ways. So far I love it! I even loaded my Logos 4 software today on it.....huge difference from the Dell. It actually works!!!

So, I am very excited with my new Mac. Had to share....



No comments: