Monday, February 27, 2012

Secret Keeper Girl

I have followed Dannah Gresh and her Secret Keeper Girl ministry now for a few years and have been blessed greatly by her efforts to preserve little girls purity and promote modesty.

Her book, Six Ways to Keep the Little in Your Girl was wonderful. I have wanted to take Delena to a Secret Keeper Girl Live event now for a while. Last night, I finally got the chance! We went to the Secret Keeper Girl Pajama Party tour in Lakeland, FL at the First Baptist Church @ The Mall.

We had a wonderful time! We laughed, cried a little, shopped and learned so much about what God's word says about beauty and modesty. This is a perfect event for girls 8-12.

It is funny, though, how much I learned. Huge lesson for me.....see back in January, Delena turned 11. So I allowed her to have a sleepover of about 10 girls. My idea: bring home the RV, park it on the street, and let the girls camp in the front yard. The RV is so cozy with a/c (or heat), beds, a TV, etc. We could light the fire pit, roast marshmallows, etc.... Even watch a movie.

Her idea....a sleepover with 10 girls in tents in the backyard! Really??? I'm offering an RV and she wants to sleep in tents?? Surely ---- alllllll those girls coming will want to sleep in the RV. A part of me may have been, ahhh, embarrassed to invite kids over to tent camp.

In any case, after much discussion, I gave in. And you know what? The girls all loved it! Which brings me back to the SKG event....Suzie, who was leading the 2 hours, shared her most memorable pajama party. You know what it was?? Yep, sleeping in tents in the backyard of a friend's house. I thought Delena was going to run up on stage and tell the world---she was right. I was wrong. At that moment, I was so glad I caved in and let them sleep in the tents. The funny thing, now all her friends are having sleep overs in the tents!! So the RV is great for family get aways but tents still rule when it comes to pajama parties!

Anyway, I can't say enough about how wonderful the evening was. What a blessing to have been a part of something so special. Now to plan some "dates" I think I just might take both girls to get pedicures. How fun is that???!!


Our little group that went.


Pictures on stage after the event. We ran into another little girl from our co-op :)


All the girls with Suzie.


Me and Delena waiting for it to start!

No comments: