
Today is December 1! I cannot believe that December is here already. The year has certainly gone by quickly - and what a year it has been. I'm looking forward to the new year that will hopefully bring steady employment for my husband and health insurance for the family!
We planned to go to Disney at the campground for Christmas. I noticed, however, that I am having a really hard time getting into the Christmas mood. Maybe it is because we aren't going to be home. We will miss Christmas Eve service at our new church. Decorations seem pointless. So now I am having second thoughts about going. I still have plenty of time to cancel the trip. My hubby and I are talking about it - plus it would certainly free up some extra cash. Besides, we are going camping the very next weekend with friends for New Years Eve. I am really really thinking I want to be home. As much as I LOVE Disney, it isn't home.
So on Facebook yesterday, The Homeschool Channel posted a link to making a Jesse Tree. I looked at the link and watched the video and decided to add it to our December schedule. There is a small devotional book to print out that goes along with each ornament. Here is the link. I believe you have to register to see the link, but it is free! I am looking forward to making the Jesse Tree with the kids over the next few weeks.
I'm already starting to get into the Christmas spirit more!
Also, I just have to share what my grown up Christmas wish list is. Although the chances of getting this, at least this year, are slim to none - I really want the Bible Study Library from Logos Bible Software. Logos just upgraded to version 4 and it looks amazing. It can even sync with an iPad or iPhone. My boss "said" he was getting me an iPad for Christmas, so we will see. He is good about saying stuff and not following through! In the meantime, while I save the money to got Logos, I am playing around with e-Sword. You can download e-Sword for free at here. Then you can download additional commentaries, dictionaries, Bibles, maps, graphics and other goodies. I downloaded a few commentaries and maps along with Foxes Book of Martyrs and John Calvin's Institute of the Christian Religion. The better items you have to pay for download rights, which as I showed my husband, wouldn't take long at all to equal the cost of the Logos library I want. And Logos comes with so much more!!
And finally, with December 1 being today, that means only 16 more days until Tron Legacy comes out. Caleb is counting down the days. As long as the movie is appropriate, I can totally see him loving it. He is a video game crazed child - he is even in a class to learn how to design and program video games. He can barely read but knows something about programing! Yep, Tron Legacy will be right up his ally.
4 comments:
Disney for Christmas...my husband would love that. But I'm with you. At least for now. While my kids are young, I want to be home for Christmas. But when they're older I will totally go for spending Christmas at Disney! :D
I hope you get all you wish for!
I think I'd rather be home on Christmas, too, but then, I can't even imagine CAMPING at this time of year!!! ;)
Every Christmas since I started blogging someone has mentioned the Jesse tree and I've looked it up several times. Maybe one of these years, I'll actually make one!
@Kat - we wouldn't be going to the parks. For one, it is WAY too crowded. I've heard all four parks reach capacity by 10am! Plus, our passes are blacked out for those two weeks. So it would be just at the campground.
@Tammi - after seeing the beautiful pictures on your blog, I would have to agree - I couldn't imagine camping in that! Sadly, we probably won't have to worry about snow!
We are really enjoying the Jesse Tree. I'll post pictures soon of what we've done so far.
The Jesse tree is a great idea! Looking forward to seeing all the ornaments you all make. :)
Post a Comment